BUILDING ENDURING ENTERPRISES
Business Value Group
- Business Value Group is a globally focused boutique management consulting business. Our background is in implementing and improving management systems in technology, medical device, and life-science companies.
- The common theme through all of our services relates to building enduring enterprises via sustained value creation.
- We are life-long learners in management science and have earned our stripes inside large multinationals, as well as start-ups, for the past 20 years.
- We pride ourselves on building high trust relationships and being pragmatic while working hard and getting things done.
Our logo design represents:
- Interconnectedness - We live in a highly interconnected and interdependent world. Businesses must understand this and conquer the complexity this brings into their business system.
- Trinity – The law of three is driven by brevity, rhythm and balance, which leads to more disciplined and focused dialogue. Utilizing this trinity approach helps us get to the heart of the matter more quickly AND concepts or models are easier to remember.
- Wholeness – There is a circle at the center of the logo that signifies our holistic approach in recognizing that the interactions of individual parts of the system ultimately determine the effectiveness of the system as a whole.
WHAT WE DO
- We coach CEO's and their exec teams to confidently confront and address business challenges that block value flow.
- We go to the core of a business’s identity and help to clearly define HOW to win in the market.
- We help architect operating models, systems and processes that deliver value for all.
- We harmonize value adding processes and systems across sites and divisions.
- We help people understand, organize and then execute using centralized/decentralized operating structures where scale necessitates those structures.
- We help design effective organization structures, balancing what the business can afford while having capacity and capability to achieve its long-term vision and goals.
- We work to ensure that the companies digital, IT and supply chain strategies become part of their competitive differentiation
- We also install elements that lead to building a lean enterprise.
- We support multiple Org Development activities e.g. Org and Leadership changes; Leadership Development; Leadership Conferences and Strategic offsites.
- We support M&A initiatives and help prepare for ownership changes, new equity partners and help with best practices in board management.
WE INCREASE THE VALUE OF YOUR ENTERPRISE BY:
- Diagnosing and identifying the barriers encountered at all stages of development to help management punch through them.
- Architecting and Developing the right organization design, leadership team and culture where the company can compete and win in their market.
- Accelerating enterprise development which fuels Corporate Growth.
- Synthesizing the operational needs of the enterprise with models that support scalability, adaptability and growth.
- Building play books for companies on an M&A path to growth, delivering effective integrations.
- Optimizing investments, and synergy extraction, while maintaining motivated and
- Preserving enterprise value post acquisition, by retaining talent and minimizing customer loss.
- Driving increased valuation multiples by improved performance AND developing capability that stakeholders will pay more for.
- Engaging with top management to ensure that gains are established and the enterprise can endure.
WHO WE ARE
Cornerstones to building an Enduring Enterprise.
An enduring enterprise is one that by the nature of its design, operates to consistently deliver industry leading performance and has the resilience to evolve, adapt and grow as conditions change.
We have discovered that three interconnected disciplines, Systems Thinking, Transformational Leadership and Organizational Leverage form the foundation of any enduring enterprise.
Systems thinking is integral to understanding and diagnosing organizational behavior. Every organization operates as a system of interconnected elements, each dependent on the other to achieve its overall purpose. With this holistic view, a system may be architected into a structure in which all functional elements are presented in the context of and traceable to a higher level purpose.
Unlike a mechanism, an organization is a living social system. Each component (person) has their own autonomy and purpose which may or may not be aligned with the organization’s purpose. The challenge then in designing an organization, is to apply systems thinking in a manner that takes into account the autonomy and needs of the individual as well as the needs of the organization.
Transformational Leadership conveys a purposeful vision and inspires action in pursuit of that vision. It requires a willingness to engage in and encourage the disruptive actions necessary to drive transformation. It also requires the patience and fortitude to embrace new learnings that come about from those disruptions.
A transformational leader sees their organization as a system of interdependent processes and people, and that the most impactful improvements come about by addressing their interactions, rather than focusing on individual parts of the system.
Organizational Leverage is the effective use of a company’s resources to maximize economic advantage, in pursuit of the business purpose or goals.
As organizations evolve, their complexity increases. The nature and number of interactions and dependencies grow as the organization struggles to keep pace with external market forces. This circumstance can overwhelm an organizations capacity to allocate resources effectively.
- We want to help you build an enduring enterprise.
- While we work with many industries, our passion is in the medical device and health care technology industries, as we share a common commitment to improving people’s health and well-being.
- Our mission is to enhance our clients ability to maximize the value of their innovations in service to a meaningful market need.
- We are a dedicated group of domain experts, each with over 20 years experience in our respective fields.
- Our domain expertise includes:
- Medical Device Development
- Product Commercialization and Life Cycle Management
- Management Systems and Regulatory Compliance
- Progressive Digital Information Strategies
- Helping businesses grow in valuation and endure over time.
Managed manufacturing site post acquisition with owner that had earn out and grew from $5M revenue to a run rate of $197M in less than 3 years.
Implemented a Quality Management System and obtained CE Mark for a line of Orthopedic implants. Company was later acquired by Integra Life Sciences for $40M on $11M of revenue.
Integrated management systems of 2 manufacturing sites. Transitioned two independent ISO9001 facilities to a shared ISO 13485 Certification. After roll up company was acquired by Vesta for an undisclosed figure. Vesta was subsequently acquired by Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Established a global quality organization for Flexmedical managing 5 registered manufacturing facilities and 4 design centers.
Managed the successful strategy and cultural integration of Solectron, the largest EMS acquisition in history.
Designed strategy, culture and operating models that led to sale at 40% premium to large PE firm.
Implemented formal design controls to create an integrated service offering at 3 manufacturing facilities. Company was subsequently acquired by Jabil.