BUILDING ENDURING ENTERPRISES
Business Value Group
- Business Value Group is a globally focused boutique management consulting business. Our background is in implementing and improving management systems in technology, medical device, and life-science companies.
- The common theme through all our services relates to building enduring enterprises via sustained value creation.
- We are life-long learners in management science and have earned our stripes inside large multinationals, as well as start-ups, for the past 20 years.
- We pride ourselves on building high trust relationships, being pragmatic and easy to work with while working hard and getting things done
Our logo design represents:
- Interconnectedness - We live in a highly interconnected and interdependent world. Businesses must come to grips with and conquer the complexity this brings into their business system.
- Trinity – The law of three is driven by brevity, rhythm and balance which leads to more disciplined, focused and simpler dialogue that gets to the heart of the matter quicker AND is easier to remember.
- Wholeness – There is a circle at the center of the logo that signifies our holistic approach in recognizing that the interactions of individual parts of the system ultimately determine the effectiveness the system as a whole.
WHAT WE DO
- Architecting operating models, systems and processes to optimize your business and delight your customers
- Scalability for growth - Navigating Centralization and Decentralization operating structures
- Harmonization of processes and systems across sites and divisions
- Strategic Planning and Executive Offsite facilitation
- Executive Coaching and Team Building
- Leadership Development Programs
- Mergers and Acquisition integration support and synergy extraction
WE INCREASE THE VALUE OF YOUR ENTERPRISE BY..
- Accelerating enterprise development which fuels Corporate Growth.
- Diagnosing and identifying the barriers encountered at all stages of development to help management punch through them.
- Synthesizing the operational needs of the enterprise with models that support scalability, adaptability and growth.
- Building play books for companies on an M&A path to growth, delivering effective integrations.
- Optimizing investments, and synergy extraction, while maintaining motivated and
- Preserving enterprise value post acquisition, by retaining talent and minimizing customer loss.
- Driving increased valuation multiples by improved performance AND developing capability that stakeholders will pay more for.
- Engaging with top management to ensure that gains are established and endure.
WHO WE ARE
Cornerstones to building an Enduring Enterprise.
An enduring enterprise is one that by the nature of its design, operates to consistently deliver industry leading performance and has the resilience to evolve, adapt and grow as conditions change.
We have discovered that three interconnected disciplines, Systems Thinking, Transformational Leadership and Organizational Leverage form the foundation of any enduring enterprise.
Any mechanism or organization operates as a system of interconnected elements, each dependent on the other to achieve its overall purpose. With this holistic view, a system may be architected into a structure where all functional elements are presented in the context of and traceable to a high level purpose.
Unlike a mechanism, an organization is a living social system. Each component (person) has their own autonomy and purpose which may or may not be aligned with the organization’s purpose. The challenge then in designing an organization, is to apply systems thinking in a manner that takes into account the autonomy and needs of the individual as well as the needs of the organization.
Transformational Leadership conveys a purposeful vision and inspires action in pursuit of that vision. It requires a willingness to engage in and encourage the disruptive actions necessary to drive transformation, and the patience and fortitude to embrace new learnings that come about from those disruptions.
A transformational leader sees their organization as a system of interdependent processes and people, and that the most impactful improvements come about by addressing their interactions, rather than focusing on individual parts of the system.
Organizational leverage is the effective use of a company’s resources to maximize economic advantage, in pursuit of the business purpose or goals.
- The purpose of the Business Value Group is to help Build Enduring Enterprises.
- We are a dedicated group of domain experts, each with over 20 years experience in our respective fields.
- While we work with many industries, our passion is in the medical device and health care technology industries, as we share a common commitment to improving people’s health and well-being.
- Our mission is to enhance our clients ability to maximize the value of their innovations in service to a meaningful market need.
- Our domain expertise includes:
- Medical Device Development
- Product Commercialization and Life Cycle Management
- Management Systems and Regulatory Compliance
- Progressive Digital Information Strategies
- Helping businesses grow in valuation and endure over time.
Managed manufacturing site post acquisition with owner that had earn out and grew from $5M revenue to a run rate of $197M in less than 3 years.
Implemented a Quality Management System and obtained CE Mark for a line of Orthopedic implants. Company was later acquired by Integra Life Sciences for $40M on $11M of revenue.
Integrated management systems of 2 manufacturing sites. Transitioned two independent ISO9001 facilities to a shared ISO 13485 Certification. After roll up company was acquired by Vesta for an undisclosed figure. Vesta was subsequently acquired by Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company.
Established a global quality organization for Flexmedical managing 5 registered manufacturing facilities and 4 design centers.
Managed the successful strategy and cultural integration of Solectron, the largest EMS acquisition in history.
Designed strategy, culture and operating models that led to sale at 40% premium to large PE firm.
Implemented formal design controls to create an integrated service offering at 3 manufacturing facilities. Company was subsequently acquired by Jabil.